Premium Framed Declaration of Independence
- National Archives Store Exclusive
- Professionally custom framed in Arlington, Virginia, U.S.A.
- Classic finish gold or black wood frames
- Premium framing grade non-reflective acrylic
- Triple acid-free gold and navy blue suede mat
- Sealed and wired, ready to hang
- 20 1/2 X 22 1/2 inches
The National Archives store is delighted to offer this custom made, premium framed reproduction of the Declaration of Independence. Available in gold or black, the soft tones and authentic detailing of this frame add luxury and understated elegance. A beautiful addition to the home or office, it is the perfect gift for the lawyer or U.S. history buff in the family.
Drafted by 33 year old Thomas Jefferson between June 11 and June 28, 1776, the Declaration of Independence is the nation's most cherished symbol of liberty. It was adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, and announced that the 13 American colonies, then at war with Great Britain, regarded themselves as independent states and no longer a part of the British Empire. Instead, they formed a union that would become a new nation: the United States of America.
The original Declaration is on permanent exhibit in the Rotunda at the National Archives Museum.