Vintage Explorer Backpack
- Rucksack/backpack with leather trim
- Large main compartment with drawstring closure and flap
- Flap with brass grommets and brass clasp closure
- One large pocket on front of bag
- One pocket on each side with hook and loop closure
- Top carry handle with brown leather accent strip
- Padded, adjustable shoulder straps
- 16 1/4 X 13 1/2 X 5 1/4 inches
Inspired by World War II rucksacks, this vintage explorer backpack is the perfect rugged carry-all for your expeditions around town or around the world.
Rothco is the foremost supplier of military, tactical, survival, and outdoor products. Founded in 1953, Rothco, a family-owned business in New York, has provided military clothing for over 60 years.
Starting with the Revolutionary War, the National Archives holds Federal military records, including historical, personal, and official correspondence regarding military uniforms and equipment designs.
In 1953 in a small loft on Great Jones Street in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, Milton Somberg began Rothco, then known as Morris Rothenberg & Sons. Over the years, Rothco has introduced numerous lines of clothing and product but at the root of each item is their military heritage, from their M-65 field jackets to their canvas bags. Even the folding camping shovel can be traced back to Rothco's military surplus roots.