Stuff Every American Should Know
- By Denise Kiernan and Joseph D’Agnese
- Hardcover: 144 pages
A pocket-sized gift book packed with patriotic facts for ordinary Americans and history buffs alike.
This handbook is the perfect patriotic present for any engaged United States citizen. Who played the first game of baseball? What’s a bicameral congress? Where did Mount Rushmore come from? Who is Geronimo and why do we yell his name when we jump? Plus:
• All about the Declaration of Independence
• Ten Books Every American Should Read
• Assassination Attempts on U.S. Presidents
• The History of the Statue of Liberty
• How to Bake the Perfect Apple Pie
The Presidential library system comprises 14 Presidential libraries. These facilities are overseen by the Office of Presidential Libraries, in the National Archives and Records Administration.
Under the Presidential Libraries Act in 1955 (amended in 1986), through archives, museums, and public programs, Presidential libraries continue to preserve the documents and artifacts of our Presidents, helping us learn about our nation and our democracy.