Declaration of Independence in Classic Gold Finish Metal Frame
- National Archives Store Exclusive
- Professionally custom framed in Arlington, Virginia, U.S.A.
- Classic gold finish metal frame
- Triple acid-free gold and navy blue suede mat
- Sealed and wired, ready to hang
- 20 1/2 X 22 1/2 inches overall, with 3 inch mat
- Parchment paper, unique in appearance, with crinkles and aging process characteristics. Please note that the parchment may darken over time.
- Features original phrase written on back of document, is visible on the front
- UV protective glass
A beautiful addition to the home or office, this custom framed Declaration of Independence is a great gift for the patriot and lover of our nation's founding history. In a choice of gold or black, the frame is inspired by American federal style and complements classic and formal settings.
This facsimile features an inscription on the back side of the document, the same as on the back of the original. The antiqued parchment paper on which it is printed has undergone an aging process exclusive to the National Archives, making each document unique. It was proudly made in Philadelphia by a family-owned company.
Drafted by 33 year old Thomas Jefferson between June 11 and June 28, 1776, the Declaration of Independence is the nation's most cherished symbol of liberty. It was adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, and announced that the 13 American colonies, then at war with Great Britain, regarded themselves as independent states and no longer a part of the British Empire. Instead, they formed a union that would become a new nation: the United States of America.