Pendulum Pirate Clock
- Pendulum clock
- 3D pop-out effect
- Original design by Paul Ocepek
- Quartz pendulum movement (made in U.S.A.)
- Approximately 7 3/5 X 10 1/2 X 1 inches
- 1/8-inch thick laser-cut Baltic birch plywood
- Printed with non-toxic water-based inks
- Pre-drilled hole for easy hanging
- Made in Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- Requires one AA battery (not included)
Arrrr! This Pirate Pendulum Clock is perfect for the little sailor's room or ship's cabin. Featuring an adorable dimpled and bearded pirate with his pet parrot and must-have eye patch, the pendulum swings the Jolly Roger skull and cross bones.
When Richard O'Bryen, captain of the Philadelphia ship Dauphin, penned his July 12, 1790, letter to Thomas Jefferson, he had been a captive of the Barbary pirates in Algeria for almost five years.
Richard O'Bryen's letter, held in the National Archives, and others helped bring attention to an unexpected problem the federal government inherited from the government under the Articles of Confederation: pirates.