Betsy Writing Pen
- Retro 51 Tornado Vintage Metalsmith Collection
- American flag in initial design by Betsy Ross
- Antiqued metal finish to detail
- Rollerball pen
- Comes with a medium-point black rollerball refill
- Can be converted to a ballpoint with Easy Flow refill
- Unique packaging
Inspired by our country's leaders and historical icons, the Antique Metalsmith Tornado Deluxe rollerballs by Retro 51 feature metal barrels with unique finishes. This Betsy pen is screen-printed with the original U.S. red, white, and blue 13-star flag sewn by Betsy Ross.
A perfect gift for the patriotic men and women in your family.
According to oral history, in 1776, George Washington, Robert Morris, and George Ross visited Betsy Ross at her upholstery shop in Philadelphia. Washington presented a sketch of a flag for Betsy to make, comprised of 13 red and white stripes and 13 six-pointed stars.
On May 29, 1777, Betsy Ross was paid by the Pennsylvania State Navy Board for making flags. On June 14, 1777, Congress adopted the Stars and Stripes as our official national flag.